Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon 90D with Sigma 70-200 overexposes all pictures taken through the viewfinder (live view ok!

I did a reset, and even a firmware reinstallation. I checked all menu configurations one by one between both 90Ds, but nothing that explains this behaviour on my second 90D.

It's really strange... Either it's a Sigma firmware bug with 90Ds or one of my 90Ds is faulty in my humble opinion.

VIP

Re: Canon 90D with Sigma 70-200 overexposes all pictures taken through the viewfinder (live view ok!

In that case and you are certain you cleared all settings, I have to agree, "...one of my 90Ds is faulty in my humble opinion."

Send it to Canon for a C&C.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Occasional Contributor

I'm hesitating sending the body to Canon, because a LOT of people using a combination 90D + Sigma experience exactly the same thing. The latest firmware version of most Sigma lenses mentions an "improvement" for viewfinder shooting with a 90D. I wonder if they did the job correctly. For quite some people on a Facebook 90D forum, the answer is NO!

VIP

I can't help you there (Sigma) but a C&C done by Canon will confirm whether it is the camera or not. Otherwise you need to contact Sigma. Neither Canon nor any of us can not help you with that

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Occasional Contributor

OK, thanks. I'll considering sending one of my 90Ds for a check. Do you know if there's a way they can "calibrate" the metering sensor?

VIP

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Canon Maintenance Service

18-point service states they will check exposure. 

If you send be sure to specifically state what your problem is.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Hi, did you find any solution? I have a canon 90D and i am having the same problem with all my sigma lenses 18-35 art 18-300 C 150-600 C. Horrible overexposure through the OVF.
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I got yesterday an answer from Sigma in my country, and they said they had received a new firmware for the 18-35 and the 70-200. Unfortunately, these firmwares are not available for a remote firmware update with the dock: I would have to send both lenses per post, something I'm not particularely motivated to do. Sigma insisted that this update might not solve my problem: they cannot garantee it.

I'll wait until I have my lenses updated before I send my second 90D to Canon. Do you confirm you don't have problems with non-Sigma lenses on your 90D? Maybe you don't have any non-Sigma lens, except your kit lense? Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I had a 24-70L and i didn’t have this problem, is happening only with sigma lenses