cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80d

Macrophotog
Apprentice
Is it possible to run canon 80d entirely off camera? I have to neewer speed lights and neewer transmitter and reciever but they wont fire in manual. I have been using one light attached to shoe as master and secondary firing as slave but I'm limited to lighting angles. Please help me!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I know and I am sorry we are of no help.  Unless you happen to stumble on a forum user that happens to have the same set up I doubt you will get the info you require here, again sorry for that.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Macrophotog wrote:
Is it possible to run canon 80d entirely off camera? I have to neewer speed lights and neewer transmitter and reciever but they wont fire in manual. I have been using one light attached to shoe as master and secondary firing as slave but I'm limited to lighting angles. Please help me!!

It almost sounds like you have a "wireless" system that relies on line of sight flashes, and isnot radio controlled.  It is what it is.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Macrophotog
Apprentice
That's the thing I ttl works but does absolutely nothing to the image. Manual doesn't work at all and then I plug it into my laptop to stack images and neither ittl or manual work

@Macrophotog wrote:
That's the thing I ttl works but does absolutely nothing to the image. Manual doesn't work at all and then I plug it into my laptop to stack images and neither ittl or manual work

It's Neewer gear.  It is what it is.  If it does not work, take it up with them.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This is a Canon forum,  If third party products don't work with Canon gear it isn't Canon's job to see that they do. That would be an impossible task so you need to contact the third party manufacturer  It is possible you have set something incorrectly but Canon will not know that..

EB

Macrophotog
Apprentice
@ebiggs1 I'm sorry, I didnt expect "canon" to know? I was under thee assumption this was a trouble shooting forum, and had merely asked if anyone knew of a setup that worked and if it was possible to use 3rd party products successfully. Thanks

I know and I am sorry we are of no help.  Unless you happen to stumble on a forum user that happens to have the same set up I doubt you will get the info you require here, again sorry for that.

EB

@Macrophotog wrote:
@ebiggs1 I'm sorry, I didnt expect "canon" to know? I was under thee assumption this was a trouble shooting forum, and had merely asked if anyone knew of a setup that worked and if it was possible to use 3rd party products successfully. Thanks

If you review the section in your camera's User Manual, it will refer you to the user manual for the external flash.  This is true for all of the DSLR cameras that Canon sells.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements