cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D making noise while turning ON & OFF

Srujana
Apprentice
Hi Team, I'm new to Canon family. I brought Canon 80D very recently and noticed that my camera is making a wheel like sound while turning it ON and OFF. Can any one help me resolving it ?? or what is the reason behind it ? Thanks, Srujana.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can turn off the automatic sensor cleaning to determine if that is the cause of the noise.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Srujana wrote:
Hi Team, I'm new to Canon family. I brought Canon 80D very recently and noticed that my camera is making a wheel like sound while turning it ON and OFF. Can any one help me resolving it ?? or what is the reason behind it ? Thanks, Srujana.

The camera has a auto sensor cleaning function that shakes the sensor to remove any dust when the camera is turned on and off. Most people don't hear it, but, that could be what you are hearing. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Yes, the camera goes through a sensor cleaning cycle on power up and power down.  It should be near silent.  If your camera is making audible noises, then there is something defective with your camera.  Excahange it for a new one, or send it to Canon for repairs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can turn off the automatic sensor cleaning to determine if that is the cause of the noise.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
There may or may not be something wrong. Most people can't hear the sensor cleaning, however if you are especially sensitive to the frequency it uses you might hear it. If it is not real noticeable to other people there may be nothing wrong.

philogik
Contributor

I have the same problem ans others too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7NDiMXAyQ

Thanks to gave us solution to fix that (please dont tell me to send to repair)

@philogik wrote:

I have the same problem ans others too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7NDiMXAyQ

Thanks to gave us solution to fix that (please dont tell me to send to repair)

I don't hear the noise in your video. Like I posted most people don't hear the sensor cleaning, but, if your hearing is especially sensative to the frequency used to clean the sensor you may hear it. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with the camera.

Turning Auto Sensor Cleaning Off is not a 'solution'. There is a reason that the camera has auto sensor cleaning. 

Hello... Absolutely not, I compared with another 80D, and it's mais a problem noise is not normal.

It's not a normal sound.

Thx 🙂

Announcements