cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D footage looks terrible!

Salvatore_Lacor
Apprentice

Hello, I have been shooting video on my canon 80d on A+ with a set with 5 lights and the image quality just looks terrible. It looks grey and dark as well as grainy. I can't figure out why it is like this. When it is seen small it looks great, but when put in full screen it looks bad... All help appreciated! If anyone wants to see the video just let me know and I can send it there way! 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I don't shoot much video, but the type of lighting can have a big effect on the output video quality.  What lens are you using?

Some of the other guys can probably help better than I.  Might be useful for them if you can describe the shooting conditions, type of lighting, etc   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello, I am using the kit 18-55mm lens. I have 3 led panel lights and 2 lights that I got on amazon that use a type of light bulb....

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is your exposure?  I suspect using [A+] mode could be your problem.  You would get better results in [M ]mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try outside on a sunny day.

shybull
Contributor

Mixed lighting might be one of the problems. LED and light (tungsten) bulbs

Announcements