cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D - Shutter Speed Won't Go Below 1/25?

conversequeen98
Apprentice

Okay so hopefully this is an easy fix. I've been using the 80D for about a year now and really like it. Recently, I've wanted to get into long exposure stuff. I used bulb mode for nighttime photography - worked great. I wanted to do some stuff where I just set a low shutter speed (like 25" or so), but it won't let me do it. When I go to adjust the shutter speed the lowest it will let me go to is 1/25. Does anyone know why this is? I know it should be able to go lower than that. Is there some specific button I should be pushing?

Pls help. Much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Do you have ISO set to auto?  If so, there is a setting for minimum selectable shutter speed in ISO auto.  See page 153 of your manual.

Otherwise I have no idea why it is restricting the range of selectable shutter speed.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Tim
Authority

conversequeen98, 

We are sorry this occurs.  What mode are you in when this happens?  Have you been able to use the Manual mode to accomplish this result?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... I go to adjust the shutter speed the lowest it will let me go to is 1/25."

You probably set something by accident, or on purpose, and didn't realize it or what you did.  Try resetting the camera.  Menu go to the tools tab and clear all settings. Make sure you clear all custom settings, too. Check your manual for full instructions on resetting.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements