cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 7D is not working with brand new LP-E6N battery

Detre
Apprentice

I recently bought a new batery for my 7D  (LP-E6N) and it does not work. I made sure is charged. and the camera works just fine with my older battery (LP-E6). I recently update the firmware (from 2.0.3 to no 2.0.6) but nothing changes, does anyone knows if is a common issu, and if there is anything I can do?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

It is likely that your new battery is defective.  Some batteries have different sets of contacts used for charging versus those that supply the camera, not sure if the LP-E6 falls into this category but for those that do you may find a battery that charges perfectly but will not deliver power to the device.

I would return the battery because your camera is fully compatible with the improved LP-E6N.  Any chance your new battery is a poor quality fake?  Did you buy it through an authorized Canon dealer?  That battery is often counterfeited because it is used in so many popular Canon models and counterfeit batteries aren't known for their high level of quality/quality control.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I really not sure about being a couterfeit or not, is there any way to verify it. I bougtht from a know camara gear store, and paid a full price as an original baterry. If it is a fake I have been fooled.

@Detre wrote:

I really not sure about being a couterfeit or not, is there any way to verify it. I bougtht from a know camara gear store, and paid a full price as an original baterry. If it is a fake I have been fooled.

Don't forget.  Your camera store could have been fooled, too!  Take it back to them ... on friendly terms, of course.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/product-advisories/detail/!ut/p/z1/rZHJTsM...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements