cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 7D Menu timeout?

AllNoAll
Contributor

Hey,

So the other day I was shooting and whenever I pressed the Menu button the menu would show up for a second on the LCD, but then the screen would go blank before any menu changes could be made. Litterally the LCD screen went blank within one second. I took the batteries out, waited about 30 seconds, put the batteries back in, and it seems to work fine now. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is this something I should worry about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello AllNoAll,

The issue you are describing is not one typically associated with normal operation of the camera.  It's possible this was a one time issue, but with the camera having done this over twenty times in a row, I would err on the side of caution. 

Therefore, I am recommending you send Canon the camera at your earliest convenience.  You can set up service through the main Canon web site, linked here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Were any other buttons being pressed?  You can cancel out of the menu mode simply by half-pressing the shutter button (just as an example).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

No, I'm sure I wasn't pressing any other buttons. It happened probably twenty times in a row before I decided to try taking the batteries out.

Tim
Authority

Hello AllNoAll,

The issue you are describing is not one typically associated with normal operation of the camera.  It's possible this was a one time issue, but with the camera having done this over twenty times in a row, I would err on the side of caution. 

Therefore, I am recommending you send Canon the camera at your earliest convenience.  You can set up service through the main Canon web site, linked here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements