cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 77D videos look different

Tech1Tv
Contributor

Hey people,

I have a Canon 77D but when i record videos or take pictures of anything they always look different, they never look the same as what i actually see with my eyes. The videos look perfect in the live view finder but when the camera done recording they always darker or just look different, i did saw a video comparison and the person said Panasonic Lumix G7 record exactly what he saw with his eyes and Canon 77D don't. Why is that and is there another Canon camera that record exactly what you see with your eyes or they all the same, i make tech videos and it's annoying because all the videos look darker after i record them. What about Canon 90D and Canon EOS R?

I believe that's how the Canon 77D is, there's a video on YouTube that said the same thing. Look for Canon T7i Vs Panasonic G7 and it's the first video that show up. He's name is Aarons Practical Reviews

14 REPLIES 14

I thought it would be fine but it doesn't, i believe that's the way that camera is because i saw a video saying the same thing. He said in the video Canon T7i doesn't record what he actually saw, they always look different. Just look on YouTube and search for Canon T7i Vs Panasonic G7, it's the first video.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP
Change the brightness on the lcd

Yes i did that and it stay the same, i change the brightness and go to settings. Someone on YouTube have a video that said that's how the Canon 77D is, i hope i could fix it but i can't.

Tech1Tv
Contributor
Yes you right Canon 80D has more features, i was going to get it instead but 77D had a faster Digic 7 and cost less. I did set the iso to auto but that feature AEC you told me not available, if it is i can't see it. I will try to fix it with the manual, is the Canon EOS R good?

@Tech1Tv wrote:
Yes you right Canon 80D has more features, i was going to get it instead but 77D had a faster Digic 7 and cost less. I did set the iso to auto but that feature AEC you told me not available, if it is i can't see it. I will try to fix it with the manual, is the Canon EOS R good?

AEC means Automatic Exposure Compensation.  Here is how to set it in Manual exposure mode.  This is showing you there are different ways to set it.  

I typically use the 2nd method to set AEC.  Use the [SET] button, by holding it pressed and turning the Main Wheel on top of the camera to set an Ev value.  Rotating the rear dial adjusts Av.  The Main Dial is used to adjust SS.

C413F856-A053-464E-AFB5-904D55CF98AC.jpeg

It is available on the 77D in Manual shooting mode, but only when ISO is set to to AUTO.  This is a powerful feature to have available at your disposal, because it allows you to override what the camera thinks is the correct exposure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements