cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70d grain even at low iso (100) using wide angle lens

Bobin
Apprentice
Hi,
I am a canon 70d user. I have been using 70d for more than one year. Now i noticed a problem with my cam when shooting video. I was planning to do a musical video outdoor. I use 18-55, tokina 11-16 and 50 1.8 lenses.
There is pretty much noise or grains in the video when i use wide lenses even at iso100 Ap: 2.0 shutter:100. (i shoot in 720p 50f (Pal))
Picture Style: cinematic /standard/neutral (all have grains)
White balance : Auto
The video quality is very bad. Even i shoot in shades in woods or in bright sunlight i can see grains even in live view .video is very pathetic and gets wirse when edited

Please help me to solve this problem
9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you still [see] the noise when you take still photos?  Can you post a sample of the noise, either a still or a frame grab? 

You could always try resetting the camera, which is performed in two places in the menus.  Try changing the memory card, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

id it always do this or did it just start?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Bobin
Apprentice
#waddizzle Thnx for the replay . I will try out changing the memory card .

#jrhoffman75 from the beginning it was there bt i didnt noticed it.Now when i started serious filiming its bothering me

Peter
Authority
Authority
Try ISO 160 instead. It is ISO 200 overexposed and digitally pulled back.

Peter
Authority
Authority
And at aperture 2 you will loose light because of the design of your sensor. Canon increases the ISO and you can't change it.

Bobin
Apprentice
@Peter sorry that was a mistake... i use 2.8-3.5 aperture .I changed iso between 100-200 . These tiny grains appear im bright as well as dark areas thats the main problem.

@Bobin wrote:
@Peter sorry that was a mistake... i use 2.8-3.5 aperture .I changed iso between 100-200 . These tiny grains appear im bright as well as dark areas thats the main problem.

Can you post a sample of it?  You say this only happens with your wide angle lens?  I am beginning to suspect that there might be nothing wrong.  It is possible to zoom in close enough on almost any image and see some noise, especially with the lenses you listed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jojodaproducer
Apprentice

im having the same issue with my 70D im using a canon 50 1.4 and iso 100 and i get alot of noise when shooting video. even when i use the kit 18-135 i keep getting grain... please help

@jojodaproducer wrote:

im having the same issue with my 70D im using a canon 50 1.4 and iso 100 and i get alot of noise when shooting video. even when i use the kit 18-135 i keep getting grain... please help

Are you sure you're not just using variable ISO with 100 as the floor?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements