cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70d bad Video

Gil719
Contributor
Hello I just bought a canon 70d and recorded some video but it just looks very shiverry and not clear at all it even kind of hurts the eyes when i look at it. I am pretty new at this so hope there is nothing wrong with the camera and its just me. Any info will help thanks. Here is an example of the video. There is alot of movement but ignore that im talking about the parts that are just gliding through the wood parts. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzq1a31v6tt4km8/MVI_2060.MOV?dl=0
6 REPLIES 6

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Doesn't look like anything is wrong with the camera.

Just looks like you aren't holding the camera very steady.

Use a tripod, or look into other 'steady cam' devices to shoot video while you move.

Gil719
Contributor
Thanks for the comment. I did use a steadycam but for some reason when im just moving through the wood parts it just looks not clear almost as if the camera was going in and out of focus in a very fast speed are you able to see that?

@Gil719 wrote:
Thanks for the comment. I did use a steadycam but for some reason when im just moving through the wood parts it just looks not clear almost as if the camera was going in and out of focus in a very fast speed are you able to see that?

There is an effect called rolling shutter, but, it wasn't particularly noticeable given the general overall jerkiness of the video.

Rolling shutter occurs because dSLRs capture video line by line. When you move quickly from left to right the last line read from the sensor can be slightly offset from the first line. In sever cases it can give objects a jello look. But, it tends to be more of a geewiz thing, as generally in good video you won't be panning left and right quickly over the same area.

Gil719
Contributor
Jellowy video is the probably the best way to describe this video i wasnt sure how to explain it. The video i uploaded is probably a bad example but even on slow moving videos it still does it. Any idea how to get rid of it?

@Gil719 wrote:

Any idea how to get rid of it?

Don't pan rapidly right and left over the same area. 

Announcements