Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon 70D w/ external mic - No sound playback on camera

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a Canon 70D. I'm using it with an Audio Technica AT897 mic (with an XLR adapter). For some reason, when I play back recorded footage on the camera, there is no sound except for some very light static. However, when I put the footage on my computer and play it back there, the sound is perfectly fine.

I tried unplugging the mic and recording video with the built in microphone on the camera, and it played back fine. While this isn't a massive issue, it still would be nice to know if there is a fix. That way I will know if and when my external mic needs a replacement battery.

I know it isn't because my volume is turned down...

Has anyone else run into these sort of issues?

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon 70D w/ external mic - No sound playback on camera

What happens if you record with the external microphone, and play it back with the external microphone unplugged?

If you suspect a battery problem, why don't you change it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."