cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D - trouble with Wifi

PhilParkinson
Apprentice

I have a Canon 70D about a year old. I am struggling to connect to my Mac using Wifi.

I follow the steps up to the point where it says "start pairing" - I click OK. My computer tells me "EOS Camera detected, on network, click here." - I click connect. Then nothing happens.

The camea LCD message just hangs, saying "XXXXX - XXXXX pairing in progress. Start pairing software on computer if it's not already running"

Can anyone offer me advice on how to resolute this issue?

Thank you,

Phil

PS - I'm using the latest version of Mac OS Sierra. I have EOS Utility 2 installed.

7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried using EOSU 3 instead?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Just checking online, according to my researches, the latest EOS for Canon 70D for Mac OS is EOS 2.14.31 - Is there an EOS 3 available?

Could you send me a download link please? 

@PhilParkinson wrote:

Just checking online, according to my researches, the latest EOS for Canon 70D for Mac OS is EOS 2.14.31 - Is there an EOS 3 available?

Any version of EOSU 3 is probalby not compatible with your camera.  Find the Canon support page for your camera.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

There is a link to a few videos about wireless help.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@PhilParkinson wrote:

http://www.canon.com/icpd/

Mr_Fusion
Enthusiast

Canon is not known for their WiFi connectivity. Yes, it can be done, but it is slow, cranky, and not totally reliable. While I am sure that there are those that are very happy with Canon's WiFi, I have yet to meet any of them.

I use Windows Explorer to network my cameras. I gave up trying to pair them with my Android or wife's Apple phones. (Besides, our phones already have decent cameras on them if I'm desperate enough.) D/L through WiFi is very slow when the file is a few mb. Using the USB cable to the computer is 10X faster. 

Good luck.

@Mr_Fusion wrote:

Canon is not known for their WiFi connectivity. Yes, it can be done, but it is slow, cranky, and not totally reliable. While I am sure that there are those that are very happy with Canon's WiFi, I have yet to meet any of them. 

I have had no problems whatsoever with Canon's Wifi connectivity. As Waddizzle noted above, the user should reference the appropriate support pages online and follow the instructions. That's what I did and I have had no issues.   

Tim
Authority

Hello PhilParkinson, 

The version EOS Utility 2.14 is the latest version available for the EOS 70D under Sierra.  

Check to verify the camera is not connected via USB.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements