cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D suddenly stopped working

zimbobway
Apprentice

I recently shot a job with my 70D, came home and uploaded my photos with a card reader. Today, I reinserted my card and camera would not turn on. I put batteries, including my fully-charged backup battery, in charger. I inserted the two were fully charged batteries and it's still not working. I found out my 3rd-party batteries have not communicating with my camers. Only when I inserted my Canon battery in the single-battery postion, does it work. I just ordered two more Canon batteries 

Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi zimbobway!

Thanks for posting.

Am I to understand correctly that you are using a battery grip with the camera and it will only power on with a single battery in the battery compartment of the camera without the battery grip installed?

If so, are you also using a third-party grip or are you using a Canon grip? 

Does the grip power the camera on when only Canon batteries are used in it?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

DPEFILMS
Contributor

MY CANON 70D STOPPED WORKING BUT IT DOES NOT WORK WITH A/C ADAPTER OR WITH 2 CHARGED BATTERIES, IM NOT GETTING ANYTHING AT ALL.

same problem

Both of you,

Sounds like you have third party batteries and battery grip.  Ditch both or all of these.  Use only real deal Canon grip and batteries.  Plus, hope the grip didn't ruin your 70D already!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements