cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D shutter count missing

rawadseman
Apprentice

Hello guys, i am here because i asked almost everywhere for a solution. nothing helped.

i turned my canon 70d on after sitting in the bag for a week with a battery grip. the camera turned on but the shutter count or possible shots section is empty. no cleaning sensor intro when i turn it on and the camera wont take pictures.

any suggestions ?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you try it without the grip?

yes. nothing

The controller boards in 70D's are known to be faulty.  Not saying this is your issue, but its a problem we are all aware of. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Camera's don't display a "shutter count" ... but they will display an estimate of how many images they think can be stored on the remaining space available in the memory card.  

If the camera is in "One Shot" mode then it wont take a picture unless it can confirm that it was able to focus (this is called "focus priority" behavior) but it should take a photo if you switch to either AI Servo focus or just turn off auto-focus (flip the switch on the lens barrel to "MF").

Is the grip a Canon brand grip or a 3rd party grip?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Hello,

yes i know that cameras don't display a shutter count. maybe i didnt described it well.

" possible shots" ---> ( self-timer countdown/ bulb exposure time, remaining images to record) slot is always empty no matter what focus type i have.

i dont even get the red light blink when i put the battery or memory card.

and i can't turn live view on. NOTHING

just the led screen turn on and nothing happen after.

Announcements