Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon 70D - firmware feature request - separate photo / video picture style

Hello, Canon.

I dont know, if there is a dedicated way of making a feature request for a firmware update?

I have a simple problem, so please take a look at it. When I choose a picture style in photo mode, the same style is activating for the video mode and vice-versa.

The previous camera that I had, the 60D, was remembering the video and the photo picture style separately.

I will appreciate it, if you make this behaviour available for the 70D.

It can cause a headache, if you need to shoot a video with a custom picture style, but then forget to turn it off for a photo shoot, or the other way around.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Canon 70D - firmware feature request - separate photo / video picture style

This is just a user-based forum, you won't get any technical Canon response here.  Though one of the Canon admins may be able to point you to a place where you could file your request.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, Canon doesn't really do a lot of feature add-ons through firmware, mostly they just put bandaides on mistakes.

Highlighted
Topics: 1
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 3

Re: Canon 70D - firmware feature request - separate photo / video picture style

@Skirball wrote:

This is just a user-based forum, you won't get any technical Canon response here.  Though one of the Canon admins may be able to point you to a place where you could file your request.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, Canon doesn't really do a lot of feature add-ons through firmware, mostly they just put bandaides on mistakes.

Although there are exceptions. The firmware updates for the 7D, 5DIII and 1DX among them.

-------------------------------------
http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/
http://trulandphoto.blogspot.com/