cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D, Wifi access point with Android

gquiring
Apprentice

I bought a Canon 70D this week and I cannot get the Wifi access point option to work with my Nexus 7 2013 or my Samsung Galaxy S3. I was able to connect my 70D to my Wifi network and see the device that way. But when on the road you won't always have access to a local LAN. When I try the access point mode both devices never see the 70D.

I rebooted both Android devices after installing the EOS app.  I also get the camera in access point mode first and then launch the EOS app.  I let the app sit for several minutes and never finds the 70D. 

Any tips?

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi gquiring!

Thanks for posting.

When you go through the setup process on the camera, are you selecting [Easy Connection] ot [Manual Connection]?  If using [Manual Connection], try using the [Easy Connection] instead.

When prompted by the camera to connect to it with your smartphone, do you see the SSID of the camera show up in the list of networks you can connect to on your smartphone?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike I got it working.  I wish I knew what I did (I was always using easy mode) but it's connecting in access mode very easily now.  Thanks for your help. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements