cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D Uncompressed Clean HDMI Output

vigor2001
Apprentice

The Canon 5D Mark III received a firmware upgrade to provide uncompressed clean HDMI output. When will Canon release an upgrade to allow for uncompressed clean HDMI output for the Canon 70D? The autofocus and ability to record past 4GB are great but I would love to take advantage of an external montior/recorder like the Atomos Ninja Blade. Using Magic Lantern is not something I'd like to do as I would rather stay away from adding external apps to my device. I can't use the Ninja Blade unless the device has clean HDMI output. I think this would take this SLR to the next level. 

Any idea on when this upgrade will be available for the Canon 70D?

6 REPLIES 6

ukgaff
Apprentice
Yes i would like to see a uncompressed clean HDMI output from my Canon 70D.
Is there a firmware update coming out any time soon ???

FotoCastillo
Apprentice

It feels so bad that this doesn't have clean HDMI out. I also have a Canon 6D... Garbage without Magic Larten...... I hope the upcoming "new" Firmwares bring us a least a clean HDMI out for both cameras that I own, love & hate. Smiley Sad

" i remember when Canon used to be an innovative Company."

ryanrit
Apprentice

I don't know how much sway this forum holds, but I would like to add my voice to those asking for clean HDMI out on the 70d. It is a silly limitation, and devalues the camera greatly. If the plan was to push those who need clean HDMI to a higher end Canon, rest assured that's not what I plan on doing if clean HDMI isn't added. Other manufacturers have stopped putting these types of arbitrary restrictions in place, it is time Canon caught up.

Fmmfilm1
Apprentice

I need clean HDMI for 70d and 6D. I will sell this cameras and move to sony, not upgrade to 5d because of this limitation! 

@Fmmfilm1 wrote:

I need clean HDMI for 70d and 6D. I will sell this cameras and move to sony, not upgrade to 5d because of this limitation! 

Look into a Magic Lantern firmware upgrade for your cameras. Magic lantern allows most Canon cameras to output clean HDMI.

Also consider the 7D Mk II which offers clean HDMI output 4:2:2 8 bit.

Fmmfilm1
Apprentice

I need clean HDMI for 70d and 6d. Canon, why not? Cameras are expensive enough to have that ability! I will not upgrade to 5d. Sony cameras give us clean hdmi out without limitation!

Announcements