cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D SD CARD not working.

Noah_Wachnik
Contributor

So I installed magic lantern on my SD card 16gb extreme pro version, I ended up not needed the software, so I deleted it from my SD card, when I turned my camera own with the SD card, the camera wouldn't even show anything, it was just pure black. I tried a different usb, it worked prefectly fine. So I formated the card on my pc, and this time when I put it in it said 

"Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change card or format card" 

Anyone know how or what happened, and how to fix it???

3 REPLIES 3

lly3988
Rising Star

Bootflag has to be disabled properly from the camera. Deleting the ML file from the SD card will not disable the bootflag in the camera. You may have to save the same ML files onto the SD card and follow the video below. After bootflag is disabled, format the card in the camera.

Google and search for "Remove bootflag (T700D/T5i)" or view this short video. ( not your model but works the same )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSYI7CWkbQ

If you don't want to mess with it, use another SD card instead.

Thank you so much!!! Worked!

Lilikoi
Apprentice

I had the same problem and purchased a new scandisc extreme 128 GB, which worked fine after 4 downloads, then the same message about not being able to format card & reinsert card, etc.  Back to camera menu, under Format Card,  I noticed a check box that is next to "Low level format", I manually checked the box and it formated the card.  This is in the Format card menu and you have to manually check the box with your finger on the camera screen.  It does erase all the images on your card, so download before you format.  

Announcements