cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70D Pink flashing problem

Timberr
Contributor

Hi folks

Anyone seen this issue before? Just started on my 70D the other day, very sporadic but incredibly annoying. I thought it was just flashes but it effects all the black in the shot as shown on this raw file I uploaded to Vimeo. The flashing happens on the screen when recording and is on the file which woudl tend to rule out purely a screen problem. Cant seem to find too many answers online so far.

https://vimeo.com/222956386

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Tim

15 REPLIES 15

After watching it several times, I am not sure it is a flash either, only because the entire scene is affected, not just the foreground subjects.  You can see how the flash is lit up in this frame grab.

MVI_5869_01.JPG

What WB balance setting were you using?  Make sure the lens is securely mounted.  It's almost as if there is a bad connection between the camera and the lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thats a good call, I'll check the lens mount and see if that resolves the problem, as I said, its a sporadic problem so might not show up straight away but I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the suggestion! 🙂

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Timberr wrote:

Hi folks

Anyone seen this issue before? Just started on my 70D the other day, very sporadic but incredibly annoying. I thought it was just flashes but it effects all the black in the shot as shown on this raw file I uploaded to Vimeo. The flashing happens on the screen when recording and is on the file which woudl tend to rule out purely a screen problem. Cant seem to find too many answers online so far.

https://vimeo.com/222956386

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Tim

Looks to me like it is the flash from other cameras and cell phones causing the Auto White Balance to 'jump' to a different white balance. If you had manually set your camera's white balance to 'Daylight' I doubt you would see the pink.

That's what I had initially thought, too.  The second video clip, seems to dispense with the idea that flashes are unbalancing the Auto WB setting.  The pink is not uniform across the entire image.  It appears as pink streaks and blotches.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

That's what I had initially thought, too.  The second video clip, seems to dispense with the idea that flashes are unbalancing the Auto WB setting.  The pink is not uniform across the entire image.  It appears as pink streaks and blotches.

I missed the second video. Yes the streaking seems to rule out white balance.

mehmetgorgin
Apprentice
Same problem with My 70d too. Have you solve the problem. Plase help.
Announcements