cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6d wi-fi

cfitzuu
Apprentice

Kindle uses a modified version of Android. I need to know if the Android app offered will work on a Kindle fire HD? Or is their a specific kindle version? Called Amazon and they are clueless. I'm about ready to return my camera and just get the Nikon equivalent.

5 REPLIES 5

Skirball
Authority

Bump

I'd like to know this too before investing; the WiFi is a big draw for me.  I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and it's rooted for that matter so I can DL from Google Play if need be.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Will other apps work on  Kindle? I had some problems with my HTC Wildfire, but I fixed it.

I've had pretty good luck so far.  I haven't done much, just a basic root, installed the Google architecture, new launchers, and flash drivers.  Most the stuff I DL'd off Google's marketplace works fine.  I haven't been able to get DSLR controller to load, but I haven't tried much to get it to work since Amazon removed USB Host capabilities from the Kernal.  I'm waiting for a stable ROM to be released with USB Host on it, then I'll give it another go.  Unless I convince myself to buy a 6D before then.   I suppose I should try to load EOS Utiliity on it and see if it works.

Go with what you've suggested. Also, see if a local retailer has a 6D you can play with. I have an old Droid X and was worried it wouldn't be able to handle the wi-fi connection and data. I went to Best Buy and played with one in there. Comfirmed that it works fine.

http://www.phoblography.org/

I connected my 6D to my Nook and it worked fine the first time. But, just like with my smart phone, I can only get it to work once. When I power down the 6D and try again to connect to either one of them I'm not able to do it.  Why oh why did Canon make this WiFi-to-6D so menu-intensive and complex. Shouldn't I be able to turn on the camera and the Nook, push maybe one button on each and get them to connect?

I think I'll give up until/unless Canon issues a firmware update for the 6D and makes this easier.

Announcements