cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6d cannot playback when remote is plugged in

eharsa
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm using Canon 6D with Pocket Wizard as a remote trigger plugged in to the RF603/C3 port.  I was able to preview the pictures I took using the playback button, but now for some reason the playback and display won't turn on until I unplugged the remote cable.  I don't think I messed with any of the settings or perhaps I accidently set it the wrong way.    Anyone know what's the correct setting to be able to view/playback the picture without unplugging the remote cable.  I don't use live view when using the remote trigger.

Thanks.

Emil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@eharsa wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Canon 6D with Pocket Wizard as a remote trigger plugged in to the RF603/C3 port.  I was able to preview the pictures I took using the playback button, but now for some reason the playback and display won't turn on until I unplugged the remote cable.  I don't think I messed with any of the settings or perhaps I accidently set it the wrong way.    Anyone know what's the correct setting to be able to view/playback the picture without unplugging the remote cable.  I don't use live view when using the remote trigger.

Thanks.

Emil.

Check that your remote trigger is not holding the shutter half pressed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@eharsa wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Emil.

Check that your remote trigger is not holding the shutter half pressed.

Waddizzle, genius my man.  There is a switch at the trigger cable to make it autofocus or manual focus, it was set to manual so it was preventing it to check the playback.  Thanks for the solution, I was browsing around the menu and couldn't find anything. 

Regards,

Emil 

Hey @Waddizzle, how would I check this? I have the same issue, but am using a Vello ShutterBoss II. I can't get any camera functions to work once I connect the unit. Even if it is not powered on. I suspect I have a short somewhere.

@DaBrownCO wrote:

Hey @Waddizzle, how would I check this? I have the same issue, but am using a Vello ShutterBoss II. I can't get any camera functions to work once I connect the unit. Even if it is not powered on. I suspect I have a short somewhere.

Contact Vello or the vendor who sold it to you.  You may have a bad unit.

Thanks Waddizzle. That's what I thought. It's a few years old so I guess it's surpassed its lifetime.

Announcements