Re: Canon 6d Mark II /very soft photos

[ Edited ]

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like Canon needs to issue a firmware update to fix this softness issue. Most people would agree that being soft when one doesn't want it to be soft is a little embarassing.

Honored Contributor

There have been a number of owners who have reported focusing problems.  Contact Canon support for guidance.  

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos/Share-your-wildlife-photography/m-p/242765#M1227

I suppose that I got lucky, and received a good one.  I have not had any problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

@RaulCoelho wrote:

It was said that I shot the Canon 6D Mark II very well, I NEVER saw a picture as BAD on film as on this camera, with configurations almost identical to those of Canon 80D and Canon 4D Mark, lack of sharpness and very blurry even ... by my 17 years with Canon equipment this 6d Mark II was the biggest disappointment of my life, maybe I will send it to the house where I bought it, because the canon service is very time consuming, I had a problem with a card slot in 80d and it took 6 months, I had another problem in a Panasonic DVX200 had to send to London and in 8 days had everything solved ..

Nobody is trying to argue that the picture you showed us is good. The white balance is off; there are blown highlights; the DOF is too shallow; and the subject's face is poorly lit. All we're saying is that it isn't really the camera's fault.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

Body, glass and technique.  I have taken hundreds of razor sharp photos with my 6D2.  As many here say, "practice, practice, practice".   

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.01)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 1.03) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1803
Occasional Contributor

This is not practice, 20 years with Canon and none of them had problems like this, problem that the camera came with manufacturing problem mentioned by the technician of the house that sold me, loaned another Canon 6D Mark 2, while the other goes for the assistance and this yes, NOTHING HAS HAVER with the other, the sharpness is NORMAL as in any other canon that I have, so practice, practice I do not need at this time. With the Canon 5D Mark II I have now taken 185,000 photos and I NEVER had a problem, so there are already many photos

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RaulCoelho wrote:

This is not practice, 20 years with Canon and none of them had problems like this, problem that the camera came with manufacturing problem mentioned by the technician of the house that sold me, loaned another Canon 6D Mark 2, while the other goes for the assistance and this yes, NOTHING HAS HAVER with the other, the sharpness is NORMAL as in any other canon that I have, so practice, practice I do not need at this time. With the Canon 5D Mark II I have now taken 185,000 photos and I NEVER had a problem, so there are already many photos

Ok, so your telling us your 6D2 had a manufacturing defect...  and you are getting it fixed.  Then moving forward you'll be taking sharp images with your newly serviced body.  The same body I'm using and really like.  

Since you've gone back and deleted your posts and comments, All I can assume is you purchased a camera tha thad a defect and are taking steps to correct it.  I was also one of the lucky ones who got a good "body" that works as I expect it to.  

So I hope yours gets "fixed" and you'll be as satisfied as I am.   

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.01)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 1.03) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1803