Did you mean: 

Canon 6d Mark II /very soft photos

RaulCoelho
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Don't try to fix what you have until you know what you have."

You need to reset it. Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Body, glass and technique.  I have taken hundreds of razor sharp photos with my 6D2.  As many here say, "practice, practice, practice".   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This is not practice, 20 years with Canon and none of them had problems like this, problem that the camera came with manufacturing problem mentioned by the technician of the house that sold me, loaned another Canon 6D Mark 2, while the other goes for the assistance and this yes, NOTHING HAS HAVER with the other, the sharpness is NORMAL as in any other canon that I have, so practice, practice I do not need at this time. With the Canon 5D Mark II I have now taken 185,000 photos and I NEVER had a problem, so there are already many photos

@RaulCoelho wrote:

This is not practice, 20 years with Canon and none of them had problems like this, problem that the camera came with manufacturing problem mentioned by the technician of the house that sold me, loaned another Canon 6D Mark 2, while the other goes for the assistance and this yes, NOTHING HAS HAVER with the other, the sharpness is NORMAL as in any other canon that I have, so practice, practice I do not need at this time. With the Canon 5D Mark II I have now taken 185,000 photos and I NEVER had a problem, so there are already many photos

Ok, so your telling us your 6D2 had a manufacturing defect...  and you are getting it fixed.  Then moving forward you'll be taking sharp images with your newly serviced body.  The same body I'm using and really like.  

Since you've gone back and deleted your posts and comments, All I can assume is you purchased a camera tha thad a defect and are taking steps to correct it.  I was also one of the lucky ones who got a good "body" that works as I expect it to.  

So I hope yours gets "fixed" and you'll be as satisfied as I am.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Ok, so your telling us your 6D2 had a manufacturing defect...  and you are getting it fixed."

I am not so convinced he has a problem but at least when he gets it back, he will have confidence the camera is OK.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ernie,

Yes.  I couldn't discern what he was facing with the previous info removed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Ernie,

Yes.  I couldn't discern what he was facing with the previous info removed.

There may have been a batch of cameras to leave the factory with a misaligned AF sensor assembly.  There is more than one thread on this forum about poorly focusing 6D II bodies.  When owners sent them in for warranty repair, the reported diagnosis was always related to the AF sensor assembly.  I recall that it was reportedly misaligned.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Of this machine substitute yes that I like, it is what I have used the canon in recent years, this machine with the same configuration of the other pleases me, has sharpness and excellent image. the assistance is for this, maybe problem in the focus would not be the first. Only that the assistance of the canon is very time consuming. I have an 80D canon that after 2 months also broke down. I was working and disconnected from nowhere, they told me it was from the card slot, I do not know if it would be or just know that now it works very well, films with excellent image and photography is also excellent. Thanks to friends. greetings

Announcements