cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D sensor issue or other?

kmoxley
Apprentice

Finishing up a session yesterday and the last few photos had a bright streak across the top of the image. I cleaned the sensor (not manually) changed lens, memory card, etc. and still there is a line. My warranty is soon due out. I hope this is something simple. Any idea of what this could be? Both photos below show. One is a white paper and the other a basic home shot.

.IMG_2518.JPGIMG_2523.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you have warranty left, send it in to Canon service.  Right now! Today.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

Definitely send for warranty work. Could be a shutter problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kmoxley
Apprentice

IMG_2518.JPG

If you have warranty left, send it in to Canon service.  Right now! Today.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Definitely send for warranty work. Could be a shutter problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

aheatwole
Apprentice

Wow, mine just developed the exact same issue. Did you send it in for service or find a different solution?

This thread is marked as solved, yet I see no solution. Unless 'send it to Canon' is the solution.

If 'send it to Canon' is in fact the solution then every thread on this forum is solved.

Hi Bryston3bsst!

Thank you for your post!

The Canon Community Forums are meant for peer help, and in some cases, the Community cannot resolve the problem that the original poster is having. This seems to be one of those cases. If a problem arises that requires a repair, the Community will generally recommend sending a camera or device in for repair, because that's the best advice. 

If your EOS 6D is taking photos that look like the images in the original post, we'd suggest contacting our all-American support team. They'll be able to try to get to the bottom of the issue, and if they can't resolve it over the phone, they'll be able to help you get it set up for repair. 

Our team can be reached by phone or online at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Thanks Stephen. I'll contact them. I have a 6D and my photos have the exact shape/pattern of the overexposed area as seen in the original post which made me wonder if there was any additional info on the problem.

Broken shutter. Looks like this.

Announcements