cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D mkII gives no live audio on HDMI

teachermark
Apprentice

Dear people, 

I am using my Canon 6D Mark II with an external monitor (by HDMI). When I playback a video I can hear de sound just fine. But I also want to listen while filming (live audio) with my headphone. That does not work right now and I have no clue where to find a sullution. 

What did I do wrong here or is there a setting that I missed? 
The external monitor that I use is a Feelworld FW759 and supports a headpone. 

Hope you guys can help me out! 

With kind regards, 

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@teachermark wrote:
When I play back my videos I can perfectly hear the audio true my headphone.

I saw some guys on YouTube doing the same. This was given as a solution to use headphone audio with a 6D. But not a good one so far haha.

"Audio over the HDMI during recording is not supported."

I am not aware of anyone here providing you with that solution.  Take it up with whomever provided that advice.  Obviously, it does not work as you were told, or led to believe.

Please note the key phrase here, "during recording".  HDMI provides audio during playback, but [not] during recording.  Like I said above, I am not aware of any Canon DSLRs that provide audio over HDMI during recording.  You received bad advice.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you hear audio (through the headphone) when you playback captured video to the field monitor?

If not, it might be the cable you are using?

Haven't tried to do this so I'm not sure its supported.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Audio over the HDMI during recording is not supported.  I do not think any Canon DSLR bodies provide it.

teachermark
Apprentice

I saw some guys on YouTube doing the same. This was given as a solution to use headphone audio with a 6D. But not a good one so far haha.

@teachermark wrote:

"Audio over the HDMI during recording is not supported."

I am not aware of anyone here providing you with that solution.  Take it up with whomever provided that advice.  Obviously, it does not work as you were told, or led to believe.

Please note the key phrase here, "during recording".  HDMI provides audio during playback, but [not] during recording.  Like I said above, I am not aware of any Canon DSLRs that provide audio over HDMI during recording.  You received bad advice.

teachermark
Apprentice
Thanks for this good answer!
Announcements