Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon 6D mark 2 USB problem

Completely reset my computer and is still not linking up to my camera, but camera works on our other computer

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lwarren88 wrote:

Completely reset my computer and is still not linking up to my camera, but camera works on our other computer

Seems like a computer problem. Look for differences in settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I figured it out. you have to uninstall it properly. I found it in this form. https://github.com/pbatard/libwdi/issues/8 You have to go to your device manger while the camera is plugged in, find universal serial bus controllers, find the camera under that, unistall device (make sure you hit the check mark to uninstall all its software, then unplugged the camera and plug it back in. Then it should be back to normal. May have to do it for every usb port you plugged it into... but I've finally fixed it. even completely factor reseting the computer wont correct it. P.S. this was on windows 10.. I'm not sure about other windows etc