cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D mark 2 USB problem

velgato1990
Contributor

So, yesterday I apparently made a small mistake related to the connection of the camera to the computer.
I wanted to check the number of clicks that I had so far, a Canon 6D mark 2. After quite a few searches of sites and experiments. I came to this site: http://www.freeshuttercount.com/
I downloaded it, followed the instructions, and unfortunately, I still could not access the camera's clicks. The main problem is that after using the software, my camera does not let me access its internal folders. I tried to restore settings in the software to see maybe there will be a change but nothing ... the software has option change USB drivers, after several attempts to restore my moves, I could not. The computer plays a connection sound as soon as I connect the camera, but it does not show me the option to open the folder. Connecting the card separately with the card reader works great without a problem, connecting to another computer also works great without a problem. It seems that the software has defined something inside the camera specifically in the connection of my computer or specific USB setting that prevents it from accessing the folders. On other computers everything is normal, I know that I can do a format for my computer and everything will go back to normal, but because the amount of content on my computer I prefer to try to find a solution through forums.
I would like to hear if someone encountered a similar problem with this software on a specific computer?

I would be happy to get help, have a lovely day!

12 REPLIES 12

Completely reset my computer and is still not linking up to my camera, but camera works on our other computer

@Lwarren88 wrote:

Completely reset my computer and is still not linking up to my camera, but camera works on our other computer

Seems like a computer problem. Look for differences in settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I figured it out. you have to uninstall it properly. I found it in this form. https://github.com/pbatard/libwdi/issues/8 You have to go to your device manger while the camera is plugged in, find universal serial bus controllers, find the camera under that, unistall device (make sure you hit the check mark to uninstall all its software, then unplugged the camera and plug it back in. Then it should be back to normal. May have to do it for every usb port you plugged it into... but I've finally fixed it. even completely factor reseting the computer wont correct it. P.S. this was on windows 10.. I'm not sure about other windows etc

Announcements