Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Canon 6D mark 2 USB problem

So, yesterday I apparently made a small mistake related to the connection of the camera to the computer.
I wanted to check the number of clicks that I had so far, a Canon 6D mark 2. After quite a few searches of sites and experiments. I came to this site: http://www.freeshuttercount.com/
I downloaded it, followed the instructions, and unfortunately, I still could not access the camera's clicks. The main problem is that after using the software, my camera does not let me access its internal folders. I tried to restore settings in the software to see maybe there will be a change but nothing ... the software has option change USB drivers, after several attempts to restore my moves, I could not. The computer plays a connection sound as soon as I connect the camera, but it does not show me the option to open the folder. Connecting the card separately with the card reader works great without a problem, connecting to another computer also works great without a problem. It seems that the software has defined something inside the camera specifically in the connection of my computer or specific USB setting that prevents it from accessing the folders. On other computers everything is normal, I know that I can do a format for my computer and everything will go back to normal, but because the amount of content on my computer I prefer to try to find a solution through forums.
I would like to hear if someone encountered a similar problem with this software on a specific computer?

I would be happy to get help, have a lovely day!

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon 6D mark 2 USB problem

Did you try removing uninstalling the software and restarting the computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

System Restore or Time Machine is a great way to "Go Back" or undo problems caused by free software you've downloaded from the internet. 

May be completely legit, or not, but the above should let you go back to a point prior to the issue.

Said many times by others here...  Your shutter count is not a accurate representation of the the health or overall condition of your body.  It is but one small piece of the equation. 

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1809
Occasional Contributor

Yes I tried.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'll see about that. Thank you.