cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D mark 2 USB problem

velgato1990
Contributor

So, yesterday I apparently made a small mistake related to the connection of the camera to the computer.
I wanted to check the number of clicks that I had so far, a Canon 6D mark 2. After quite a few searches of sites and experiments. I came to this site: http://www.freeshuttercount.com/
I downloaded it, followed the instructions, and unfortunately, I still could not access the camera's clicks. The main problem is that after using the software, my camera does not let me access its internal folders. I tried to restore settings in the software to see maybe there will be a change but nothing ... the software has option change USB drivers, after several attempts to restore my moves, I could not. The computer plays a connection sound as soon as I connect the camera, but it does not show me the option to open the folder. Connecting the card separately with the card reader works great without a problem, connecting to another computer also works great without a problem. It seems that the software has defined something inside the camera specifically in the connection of my computer or specific USB setting that prevents it from accessing the folders. On other computers everything is normal, I know that I can do a format for my computer and everything will go back to normal, but because the amount of content on my computer I prefer to try to find a solution through forums.
I would like to hear if someone encountered a similar problem with this software on a specific computer?

I would be happy to get help, have a lovely day!

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try removing uninstalling the software and restarting the computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I tried.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

System Restore or Time Machine is a great way to "Go Back" or undo problems caused by free software you've downloaded from the internet. 

May be completely legit, or not, but the above should let you go back to a point prior to the issue.

Said many times by others here...  Your shutter count is not a accurate representation of the the health or overall condition of your body.  It is but one small piece of the equation. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'll see about that. Thank you.

Lwarren88
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with a canon 6d. Did you ever find any answers?

You need to completely [uninstal]l the application.  Judging from the nature of the complaints that I have heard here and elsewhere, the application also seems to alter the firmware int he camera.  I would re-install the firmware in the camera, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ray-uk
Whiz

@velgato1990 wrote:

So, yesterday I apparently made a small mistake related to the connection of the camera to the computer.
I wanted to check the number of clicks that I had so far, a Canon 6D mark 2. After quite a few searches of sites and experiments. I came to this site: http://www.freeshuttercount.com/

That program can be a right pain, assuming your PC is running on Windows then you need to go into device manager and uninstall the additional driver that the program installed in the section "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", then the PC should revert to using the original driver and everything will be back to normal.

You may have to connect your camera to the PC via a USB cable to get the nasty driver to show up in device manager.

Is this Just the canon camera under that bus driver, because I've tried that.

Lwarren88
Contributor
I have no idea how to re-install firmware in the Camera. Im completely resetting my computer
Announcements