cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D lost files

angooseg
Apprentice

So we are in Sun City South Africa and did a safari, I took my 6D and a 70-200 USF with a 2x teleconverter and we got some amazing shots... Until we got back to the hotel and the majority of them were corrupt and wouldn't open. Some would. but the ones we wanted were corrupt, does anyone have any idea as to how to solve this issue? and get the files back?   

2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

Don't use the card again until you can connect it to a PC with a card reader and use some recovery software. If you save anymore pictures onto the card it will make matters worse. With card recovery software you may be lucky and be able to get some of the shots back.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Bad luck, sorry to hear about it. I'm sure you have a spare card with you and PC.

Start by copying all of the photos you can off the card.  Are you running windows?

Try running chkdsk in read-only mode from a command prompt.  If errors are reported, you can run with the /f or /r switch. 

There's no telling how effective recovery software is going to be since there is a big different between actual corruption and deleting one or more files by mistake.  If other cards format in the camera correctly, the card with the issue should not be trusted for keepsakes until you can ascertain the root cause. 

Photo Rec is lite, easy to download and might help.  100% free and designed specifically for SD cards.

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec  

Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Announcements