Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D issues

sopta12345
Contributor

Hello to all.

I bought a 6D new.

I was impressed with iso range and all of that, it took me a time about one month that i notice issue with focus.

Abouth 30 % of pictures are sharp and accurate, 70 % was out of focus and back focuesd.

I alredy have 5d mark III and couple of lenses and i already microadjust that body and everything warks like sniper.

But what i notices this is not a regular focus issue, central point, little square inside viewfinder moving up and down, left and right.

It was tested on tripod with IS on and OFF, focusing on LensAlign chart.

This is first issue for me on Canon cameras, what do you thinh, is there any miror or sensor movment or saomething like that because this is not normal from my view point 😄

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

I already sent it today, hope so that will find solution and make it work 😄

I will post when it is done 😄

Cheers to all

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@sopta12345 wrote:

Hello to all.

I bought a 6D new.

I was impressed with iso range and all of that, it took me a time about one month that i notice issue with focus.

Abouth 30 % of pictures are sharp and accurate, 70 % was out of focus and back focuesd.

I alredy have 5d mark III and couple of lenses and i already microadjust that body and everything warks like sniper.

But what i notices this is not a regular focus issue, central point, little square inside viewfinder moving up and down, left and right.

It was tested on tripod with IS on and OFF, focusing on LensAlign chart.

This is first issue for me on Canon cameras, what do you thinh, is there any miror or sensor movment or saomething like that because this is not normal from my view point 😄

Thanks

If the AF points in the view finder are moving around on their own you are not in manual single AF point selection mode, you are in auto AF point selection mode.

Press the Q button on the back of the camera and look at the bottom row second box from the left. Does it show the center AF point bright white and all the other AF points grey? Or do all the AF points look the same?

Just midle point is colored, all of them alre colored when i set it to auto mode.

@sopta12345 wrote:

Just midle point is colored, all of them alre colored when i set it to auto mode.

If you are set to manual single point AF mode and the something is moving around in the viewfinder, it does sound like your focus screen is loose. The 6D does have interchangeable focus screens, and given the camera is a few days old, it is possible that the bracket holding the focus screen came loose in shipping.

sopta12345
Contributor
Now I am filing that i should record movment to show what is going on but is late now but i dont know that will be possible with mobile phone camera.

I google for possible solutions and problems but with no luck, i found one article with focus floating on deepreview and issue was with dust on sensor.

@sopta12345 wrote:
Now I am filing that i should record movment to show what is going on but is late now but i dont know that will be possible with mobile phone camera.

I google for possible solutions and problems but with no luck, i found one article with focus floating on deepreview and issue was with dust on sensor.

Dust on the sensor doesn't make sense to me, either.  The image sensor isn't used to focus through the eyepiece.  I would have to check how it appears during Live View focusing a bit later.   I don't recall seeing an AF point during Live View, though.  Probably because I'm manually focusing?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

sopta12345
Contributor
Floating is closest word that i can describe, its realy slow movment upright or down, its like making fine circle.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements