cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D issue

Fotoldy03
Apprentice

Hello All, I have an issue with my 6d. It was working just fine and all the sudden started doing this strange thing mid session. Do I need to send it in to Canon to be fixed???

IMG_0952.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Danny

Hi, Fotoldy03!

Thanks for posting!  At first glance, we don't immediately see any prominent problems with this photo.  Could you please be more specific about what you're observing?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT), and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for replying. It is the light triangle in the top right corner. Its in every picture I take. It was not there when I started working today. I do not have a flash attached. And I have tried taking out the batteries and swaped out len's. Thank you for the contact information I will store that away if I need it. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You should describe the problem. 

Do you mean that lighter area across the top of the image? 

Does this "streak" happen to all images?  In the same way?

Does changing shutter speed or aperture settings make any difference?

Try taking a shot with the mirror locked up, and see if that makes a difference.  Mechanical problems with the mirror or shutter would typically look worse than that. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for replying. It is the light triangle in the top right corner. Its in every picture I take. It was not there when I started working today. I do not have a flash attached. My settings were 1/125, 2.5, ISO 1000. AWB, RAW. 

It appears no matter if I have the camera vertical or horizontal. But If I take a picture that I shot horizontal, and turn it vertical, the issue corresponds with the spot it apears if I were to shoot vertical. 

Right now it is happening on all images, and I have tried changing settings and nothing changes. 

How do I lock the mirror???

"It appears no matter if I have the camera vertical or horizontal. But If I take a picture that I shot horizontal, and turn it vertical, the issue corresponds with the spot it apears if I were to shoot vertical. "

Say, what?  Can you post a pair of photos that demonstrate this?  It sounds like you're saying that the issue is at the top edge of the photo, no matter if the camera is turned in landscape or portrait orientations.

Make sure the camera isn't doing a double [multiple] exposure of some kind.  It almost looks like a shadow from a flash, too.

@Waddizzle wrote:

"It appears no matter if I have the camera vertical or horizontal. But If I take a picture that I shot horizontal, and turn it vertical, the issue corresponds with the spot it apears if I were to shoot vertical. "

Say, what?  Can you post a pair of photos that demonstrate this?  It sounds like you're saying that the issue is at the top edge of the photo, no matter if the camera is turned in landscape or portrait orientations.

Make sure the camera isn't doing a double [multiple] exposure of some kind.  It almost looks like a shadow from a flash, too.

As I read it, he's saying that the issue appears in the same position in the frame, no matter how the frame is oriented. Looks like a sticky or misaligned shutter curtain to me.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

As I read it, he's saying that the issue appears in the same position in the frame, noe matter how the frame is oriented.

Yes this! Sorry, I was in a hurry and trying to figure out how to explaine that. Overcomplicated it a bit. 

I will try it in live view to see if that helps. Waiting on the batteries to charge again. 

diverhank
Authority

It does look like a problem with the shutter (or mirror).  Can you try it in Live View and see if the problem still exists.  If it's still there, we can eliminate the mirror problem because in Live View mode the mirror is already locked up - just the shutter remains.

If it is the shutter problem, I'm afraid you will have to send it in.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

It does look like a problem with the shutter (or mirror).  Can you try it in Live View and see if the problem still exists.  If it's still there, we can eliminate the mirror problem because in Live View mode the mirror is already locked up - just the shutter remains.

If it is the shutter problem, I'm afraid you will have to send it in.

I thought the same thing.  That is why I suggested locking up the mirror and taking a photo.  When you take a photo in Live View, doesn't the mirror cycle down and then up to take a photo?

Announcements