cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D. Viewfinder is turned off. How do I turn it back on?

ispears
Apprentice

I have somehow turned off the viewfinder and can only take photos using the rear LCD monitor. How do I turn the vewfinder back on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

To the right of the optical viewfinder (or in the top-right corner fo the LCD) there is a button labeled "Start/Stop" but notice the ring around the button is actually a swtich ... which can be rotated to the camera position or to a video position.

Make sure the swing is rotated to the camera position.

When the switch is in the camera position, pressing the button will toggle the camera between normal viewfinder operation vs. live-view (LCD screen) to compose & take shots.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can't. It appears your mirror is stuck. Try to reset the camera with the wrench menu.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

To the right of the optical viewfinder (or in the top-right corner fo the LCD) there is a button labeled "Start/Stop" but notice the ring around the button is actually a swtich ... which can be rotated to the camera position or to a video position.

Make sure the swing is rotated to the camera position.

When the switch is in the camera position, pressing the button will toggle the camera between normal viewfinder operation vs. live-view (LCD screen) to compose & take shots.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you. I'm not sure how I had changed the switch without knowing it.

@ispears wrote:

Thank you. I'm not sure how I had changed the switch without knowing it.

It is very easy to do, simply by removing and replacing the camera in and out of a camera bag. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements