cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D Shutter Now Louder

Just4clicks
Apprentice

My canon 6d's shutter is now louder.  Nothing else seems off, pictures are great, everything works BUT my ear is freaking out because I can hear a difference...its just a bit "clunkier" sounding.  Taking pictures of my daughter and she said she could not hear it.  Which is good I guess.  Worried that my camera has an issue/problem.

Any idea what would cause a louder, clunkier sounding shutter?!

Thanks for any help or direction.

Lorri King

Just4Clicks

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The best thing to do would be to send it in to a Canon repair facility for cleaning and checkout.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any idea what would cause a louder, clunkier sounding shutter?!"

Maybe it is failing maybe not.  Use it until it doesn't work which may be a very long time or tomorrow. WHo knows.  It'll let you now!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Any idea what would cause a louder, clunkier sounding shutter?!"

Maybe it is failing maybe not.  Use it until it doesn't work which may be a very long time or tomorrow. WHo knows.  It'll let you now!

That assumes, of course, that you have a reliable backup camera. Otherwise, it may be preferable to have it fixed at your convenience rather than when it fails.

Not trying to be alarmist. But the prospect of failure at the worst possible time is what keeps event photographers (like I used to be) awake nights.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you everyone.  It went off to the Canon doctor today.  It was too distracting to hear it sound so off to me.  Hoping I have it back soon!

"But the prospect of failure ... is what keeps event photographers ... awake nights."

Words of wisdom and experience. You do not want to have to tell a bride you lost, or gear failed, or whatever failed and you don't have her wedding. I will take this thougth one step further in the case of a wedding, you need two, or more, photographers.  Believe it or not sometimes they fail, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"But the prospect of failure ... is what keeps event photographers ... awake nights."

Words of wisdom and experience. You do not want to have to tell a bride you lost, or gear failed, or whatever failed and you don't have her wedding. I will take this thougth one step further in the case of a wedding, you need two, or more, photographers.  Believe it or not sometimes they fail, too.

So true, so true!!!

Never did a wedding with out an assistant with a camera.  Also had a spare camera in case one of ours failed.  Also had lots of spare battries, CF and SD cards, spare flashes, even a spare lens or two.  Can't see someone paying the half the price of a camera and me not doing my job.

Announcements