cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D Mk II Raw Files Come Out Magenta in HDR Software

JuanNOnly
Contributor

When I load a single CR2 file from my 6D Mk II into HDR software (have tried several), the image comes out VERY magenta.  Why is that? It's fine in Digital Photo Professional.

IMG_2260-HDR-500.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello there ! 

I got the exact same problem when trying to open my Raw files into "Affinity Photo" with my 6D MkII

I belive it's only due to the fact the camera is brand new and that not is set in the different programs to open the raw files yet 

I will stay focus if any suggestions pop-up in the forum for any "plug-in" or "update" would fix this once it for all .

(sorry for my poor english)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hello there ! 

I got the exact same problem when trying to open my Raw files into "Affinity Photo" with my 6D MkII

I belive it's only due to the fact the camera is brand new and that not is set in the different programs to open the raw files yet 

I will stay focus if any suggestions pop-up in the forum for any "plug-in" or "update" would fix this once it for all .

(sorry for my poor english)

This is how the pictures look like before the software support them. Same for me with my M5, but I sent a couple of raw files to the developers. One day later Darktable supported M5.

Peter
Authority
Authority

If you want to try the raw files from your 6DII on your HDR software you can always convert them to DNG and then open them.

What you do with one single raw image is called tone mapping. Raw converters also have this feature and so does GIMP 2.9.x with tiff files.

Skärmbild från 2017-10-31 07-25-57.png

Peter, that's very interesting that GIMP 2.9 has tone mapping. I'll have to try that out. Does it support 16-bit TIFF files or is it still only 8-bit?

16-bit. Partha has the latest for windows. I use Ubuntu.

Announcements