cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D Mark II

davis61375
Contributor

I just purchased the Canon 6D Mark II and I noticed that this camera does not have the pop up flash.  Is there an enternal flash in this camera  or do I have to buy a flash?

13 REPLIES 13

RPCrowe
Apprentice

The Canon 6D Mark ii doesn't have a pop up flash because it is a "professional" type camera.  Funny when it is lacking something, Canon either excuses the lack because the 6D2 is a "Pro" type camera or when it lacks something else Canon excuses the lack because it is an "Entry Level" camera...

Also because the pentaprism - a better viewfinder - is larger than the mirror system in lower market cameras.

@RPCrowe wrote:

The Canon 6D Mark ii doesn't have a pop up flash because it is a "professional" type camera.  Funny when it is lacking something, Canon either excuses the lack because the 6D2 is a "Pro" type camera or when it lacks something else Canon excuses the lack because it is an "Entry Level" camera...

I did not see any replies from a Canon representative on this thread.  Did you?

For your information, the area under the flash shoe is where the engineers put the GPS and Wi-Fi electronics.  Would you rather have internal GPS and Wi-Fi, or an underpowered internal flash?  

I would rather have the GPS and Wi-Fi.  Adding an external flash is much cheaper.  Besides, if I wanted to use a flash on a regular basis, I would need to add an external flash, anyway.

BTW, when using the larger professional grade lenses, an internal flash does not raise up high enough to clear the lens, to avoid having the lens cast a shadow onto the subjects.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"The Canon 6D Mark ii doesn't have a pop up flash because it is a "professional" type camera"

First the 6 series is not Canon's pro line. It is the entry level FF line. More like the xxD series.  The flash is eliminated because of space.  The 5 series is the start of Canon's pro line and the 1 series is the top of the line.  Neither of which have a pop-up flash, BTW.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements