cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D MK2 shooting movies via WIFI and tablet

ElliottandNolan
Contributor

I'm considering one of these cameras for shooting video, I only need HD. My question is about controlling the camera from a tablet using the Canon app. Can you see a live view of the movie being shot and can you control focus points etc? I've researched this on Google, Canon.com and YouTube and not been able to find out anything.

Thanks for any help
11 REPLIES 11

@Waddizzle wrote:

The devil is in the details.

I do not need to speak German to notice that she is using a smart phone, not a tablet.  She does not appear to be using the EOS Utility, either.  You asked about using a tablet and the EOS Utility over Wi-Fi.  What was the English guy using?

If you stop and think about it, really think about it, you will quickly realize why the EOS Utility is not supported in video mode.  In order to put the camera into Video Mode, you must turn a switch or knob on the camera.  This cannot be done remotely via USB or Wi-Fi.

I understand you are upset that you have been found to be wrong, but even then you shouldn't try to misrepresent what i asked about, especially as it is there in black and white to read by others. I didn't ask about the EOS Utility, I asked about the Canon App, and I didn't ask whether it would be possible to switch the camera into video mode from the remote device (BTW, the app doesn't distinguish between tablets and phones, they are both Android devices).

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Good luck.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements