cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D Shutter closes after some time in Live View

Moda
Contributor

Hey everyone!

So recently I started streaming on Twitch and faced many obstacles I had to overcome initially. One of them is face cam. Everything kind of works alright. I just connect my DSLR to PC using USB connection and I can use Live View in Canon's EOS utility. However, after some time shutter just kind of resets and I have to reconfigure EOS utility every time it happens. It's really frustrating because you really don't want to be distracted be those kind of things while streaming. Auto power off is set to "off" I also played with some Magic Lantern settings but no use.

Maybe you guys have some clues what might be causing this malfunction?

5 REPLIES 5

How long is "some time"?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I'm not sure. About an hour I'd say.

@Moda wrote:
I'm not sure. About an hour I'd say.

You're talking streaming video, right? Most DSLRs (including Canon's) are deliberately restricted from recording uninterrupted video swquences of more than a half hour to keep them from being taxed as video cameras by some jurisdictions.

Bob

Well that's new to me. Very interesting.
And yes, I'm talking about streaming video. But I'm not recording anything. It's just on live view. I mean I can even set DSLR to any mode other than Video. I just need mirror to be up 100% of the times and not resetting after some time.
Could it be the sensor is overheating and that's the way camera deals with that?

@Moda wrote:
Well that's new to me. Very interesting.
And yes, I'm talking about streaming video. But I'm not recording anything. It's just on live view. I mean I can even set DSLR to any mode other than Video. I just need mirror to be up 100% of the times and not resetting after some time.
Could it be the sensor is overheating and that's the way camera deals with that?

I'd say it's a possibility. But I have no experience with video and not very much with live view. So you need answers from someone more knowledgeable than I am.

Bob
Announcements