cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D Display Issue

mohsin781
Apprentice

Hey guys I got some wired problem with my canon 60d since 2 weeks...........

My LCD display automatically get inverted after every 2 to 6 seconds during the shooting or rest of the timings... Like when m changing setting in menu display get inverted and when in screen n menu mood....

Means any time it gets invert n than become OK. Its repeating again n again so I can't do my work with it. Please Help

29 REPLIES 29

moealshaher
Apprentice

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this..  but i did find a way to fix it  (on a 70D). I had this problem for months and it never bothered me but I decided It's time i upgraded so before i wanted to sell it, I decided to try to fix it so I don't have to lower the price..... point is let me know if you would like a tutorial... very easy you don't need to be tech savvy either.

Hi, I'm still sitting with the problem on my 60D. Someone did post a fix but it looked to technical for me so I decided rather to live with flipping it open whe I want to look at it than possibly distroying a camera that is otherwise fully functional.

I you can post a fix I will be interrested.

hello,

I´m Dietmar from Germany and i have the same problem with my 60D. When I turn my display, the picture doesn´t flip.

You have a solution to solve this issue? It would be nice to get some informations about your solution.

Best regards

Dietmar

hello,

I´m Dietmar from Germany and i have the same problem with my 60D. When I turn my display, the picture doesn´t flip.

You have a solution to solve this issue? It would be nice to get some informations about your solution.

Best regards

Dietmar

Hi Dietmar,

Unfortunately I do not have a solution yet. As I mentioned in another reply, I am so used to this problem by now that it almost does not bother me anymore. I have my 60D now for almost 8 years and apart from the flip-screen problem, which I picked up almost 5 years ago already, it is still going strong and I'm still satisfied with the photos I'm getting with it.

Hello

@moealshaher wrote:

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this..  but i did find a way to fix it  (on a 70D). I had this problem for months and it never bothered me but I decided It's time i upgraded so before i wanted to sell it, I decided to try to fix it so I don't have to lower the price..... point is let me know if you would like a tutorial... very easy you don't need to be tech savvy either.

if you have a solution I am interested... I have a 60d that has this problem (all of a sudden) and as it is rather old I am looking for a solution other thant sending it to the CANON SAV...

Thanks for the help...

@moealshaher

I´m interessted in a solution to fix this problem.

It would be nice if you can send me a tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

blackmkt
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

a very late addition to this thread however we have had the same issue and just sort of left it for the time being, we have just figured out a very simple way to fix the problem and have uploaded it to youtube.

Only four screws need to be removed not the entire back of your camera. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DPBDk4ZVJU&t=15s

Hope this helps someone as we spent a fair few hours scrolling through youtube and only found quite scary solutions!

Feel free to ask any questions about what worked for us.

Thank you! I followed the video and cut a piece of plastic from a gift card (thinner than a credit card) and stuck it until I got it to flip. It's a bit of guess work. It's hard to see what you are exacting doing. I carefully cut the piece and screwed on back the cover. it works fine now! 2019-07-06 11.08.29.jpg

kingbily96
Apprentice
Just change the hinge/harnest cable, there is small board betwen mainboard to lcd, it usually broke by incident, or something else
I had a similar problem.
I bought a new display on ebay for about $ 30 US and installed it in about 10 minutes.
For anyone attempting this themselves, make sure you don't mix the two pairs of black screws that hold the metal back piece on. The ones near the hinge are slightly larger thread.
If you try to put them in the top and bottom (like I did) you'll strip the threads. I had to locktite them back in.

[links removed per forum guidelines]

@mohsin781 wrote:

Hey guys I got some wired problem with my canon 60d since 2 weeks...........

My LCD display automatically get inverted after every 2 to 6 seconds during the shooting or rest of the timings... Like when m changing setting in menu display get inverted and when in screen n menu mood....

Means any time it gets invert n than become OK. Its repeating again n again so I can't do my work with it. Please Help

Announcements