cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D Display Issue

mohsin781
Apprentice

Hey guys I got some wired problem with my canon 60d since 2 weeks...........

My LCD display automatically get inverted after every 2 to 6 seconds during the shooting or rest of the timings... Like when m changing setting in menu display get inverted and when in screen n menu mood....

Means any time it gets invert n than become OK. Its repeating again n again so I can't do my work with it. Please Help

29 REPLIES 29

Bosfotograaf
Contributor

My 60D started behaving the same a couple of weeks ago. At this stage it comes and goes but it is very irritating when it does happen. What I found however is that the display stays correct when I just flip out the display without folding it back against the body again (ie flipping upside down in order to fold it against the body.).

In my efforts to find an answer I read somewhere that there is a sensor in the fold out display itself that may be malfunctioning. It does makes sense as no other function is effected.

Hi,

did you get your wire fixed by any chance?

@Bosfotograaf wrote:

My 60D started behaving the same a couple of weeks ago. At this stage it comes and goes but it is very irritating when it does happen. What I found however is that the display stays correct when I just flip out the display without folding it back against the body again (ie flipping upside down in order to fold it against the body.).

In my efforts to find an answer I read somewhere that there is a sensor in the fold out display itself that may be malfunctioning. It does makes sense as no other function is effected.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

This sounds like a loose connection.  

Since you can swing the display out and then flip it over, it has a sensor to determine which way is "up".  My guess is the wiring to the sensor is not getting a solid connection.

It's something I think Canon could easily fix but you'll likely need to send it in.  There are no settings or anything that you can reset to fix this.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Hi,

I do have the very same issue,

Any idea how much this kind of repair would cost?

is it worth sending the camera 

Hi, you won't believe but I never got round to fix the giro. I learned to work with it as is as I decided that if it gives in completely it will be time for an upgrade. Seems that it just keeps going though. BTW - I am in South Africa so our repair costs will most likely be much more than yours.

thanks for your answer...

well, mine is stuck up side down for good, I guess I could just use the camera screen unfolded all the time... I tried to email the canon tech support but the answer was : make sure the auto-rotate function is on...ahahaha...

Hello Guys! I had the same problem with my 60D for a while and I have just figured how to fix it.

iCpgnWDSYMYRvPIB.jpg
There is this sensor that gets loose and doesn't do its job. I put a little piece of paper against it to make some pressure and take it back to the correct position and it worked just fine!

You can see how to reach the sensor in the links below, you only need to take 8 screws out, it's super easy.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Canon+EOS+60D+LCD+Screen+Swivel+Assembly++Replacement/51656
https://youtu.be/EB9l2-MYlnQ
https://youtu.be/WkjFTVxBlec

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the reply and the links to the video's. I am what you could call a bit technically impaired so, although the steps look quite simple, I most probably will manage to screw something up and ruin the camera. As I mentioned before I got quite used to using the camera with the screen flipped open so for time being I will stick to that to be on the safe side 🙂

Ah ! too bad your post is here after I got the camera fixed....

Oh well... it does look almost new now....

Announcements