cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d mark ii: Control aperture in M mode

thangpt88
Contributor

I just go a canon 5d mark II from ebay and a new 85 mm f/1.8 lens from adorama. However I can't control aperture in Manual (M) model even after turning the on/off knob to the highest level (marked by a white line). is there any thing wrong with the camera or with the lens? Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

If you do what the attached image says does anything happen - i.e.do you dial in Exposure Compensation?

Capture.JPG

Nothing happens when I follow the steps in the above image.

If so, then the switch is working and the dial is sending signals to the camera.

Do this:

Capture.JPG

And this:

Capture.JPG

I did all of the steps above last night (several times) but it didn't work.

I'm going to return it to the seller (ebay) and try to get a new one. Thanks everybody for help!!!!!

TP

"I'm going to return it to the seller (ebay) and try to get a new one. Thanks everybody for help!!!!!"

My advice is forget about purchsing more merchandise from the seller.  Look at the example that has already been set.  I don't think that there is really anyway that an EOS 5D Mark II can be accurately described as "new" today.  I understand the fact that I shouldn't be so literal. 

But, the fact remains that the 5DII hasn't been sold as "new" for several years.  If a vendor is claiming and sellling 5DII cameras as "new", then that would give me pause, a pause just long enough to "hmph" and then move on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements