cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d classic manual mode issue

azk818
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

i used to have canon 600d when it came out and it was my first dslr, had to sell it for few reasons and have been itching since then to get another dslr. And finally now 7 years later i just got the 5d classic used and feeling great to get back to learning photography Smiley Very Happy, but i have a small issue and wanted to ask if anyone have an idea how to fix it or if there is a workaround:

when i want to use manual mode i know that changing the appreture would require switching the camera power switch to the third Line marker, this would allow using the back wheel for appreture, But as soon as I switch the camera to the Line switch the camera turns off and the back lower right light keeps blinking red slowly.

I dont know what is the issue? do you have any idea? or a fix for this?

Also if there is an alternative way to change appreture in Manual mode other than the rear wheel?

And thank you.

Regards,

AK

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@azk818 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

i used to have canon 600d when it came out and it was my first dslr, had to sell it for few reasons and have been itching since then to get another dslr. And finally now 7 years later i just got the 5d classic used and feeling great to get back to learning photography Smiley Very Happy, but i have a small issue and wanted to ask if anyone have an idea how to fix it or if there is a workaround:

when i want to use manual mode i know that changing the appreture would require switching the camera power switch to the third Line marker, this would allow using the back wheel for appreture, But as soon as I switch the camera to the Line switch the camera turns off and the back lower right light keeps blinking red slowly.

I dont know what is the issue? do you have any idea? or a fix for this?

Also if there is an alternative way to change appreture in Manual mode other than the rear wheel?

And thank you.

Regards,

AK

I think that is a condition known as "bad camera".  I suggest that you get a refund.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" I think that is a condition known as "bad camera".  I suggest that you get a refund."

+1  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements