Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon 5d Mark ii, shot 1/2 picture infected orange

My canon 5d mark ii dropped the outside mirror, I didn't know so I took some pictures with the outside mirror dropped, then I used my hand to push the mirror up to the right position and it didn't fall anymore, please tell me if this is dangerous

After that, I took a picture and sometimes got half of the picture haunted like using a filter, maybe it had a cam line in any position as shown in the picture.

I sent a link to google drive for everyone to see raw images

Thanks everyone 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nSV6M4mOtRDbAA1YbAbrEIhnc-TcuK66?usp=sharing

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Canon 5d Mark ii, shot 1/2 picture infected orange

@cuocsongmuonmau wrote:

My canon 5d mark ii dropped the outside mirror, I didn't know so I took some pictures with the outside mirror dropped, then I used my hand to push the mirror up to the right position and it didn't fall anymore, please tell me if this is dangerous

After that, I took a picture and sometimes got half of the picture haunted like using a filter, maybe it had a cam line in any position as shown in the picture.

I think your images should answer your question. Yes, pushing the mirror with your finger was not a good thing.  Your camera seems to need professional repairs.  I am not sure if Canon USA is still servicing that model.  Contact them to find out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Some time, not alway infected orange, do you think my canon 5d ii need repair mirror or shutter ?

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

If you drop the mirror you will not be able to push it back. Sounds more like the focus screen above the mirror.
I haven't checked the raw files in my raw converter. Only with my phone and it looks like flickering light source. Same outside in daylight?
DCS 3c, DCS 520, D30, D60, 1Ds, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, 7D, 6D, 6D, M5
15-45/3.5-6.3 IS, 16-35/4 IS, 22/2, 24/1.4 II, 24-105/4 IS, 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 100/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS II, 300/2.8 IS
Highlighted
New Contributor

i will test tomorrow, then i will confirm to you, thanks a lot