cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d Mark ii, shot 1/2 picture infected orange

cuocsongmuonmau
Apprentice

My canon 5d mark ii dropped the outside mirror, I didn't know so I took some pictures with the outside mirror dropped, then I used my hand to push the mirror up to the right position and it didn't fall anymore, please tell me if this is dangerous

After that, I took a picture and sometimes got half of the picture haunted like using a filter, maybe it had a cam line in any position as shown in the picture.

I sent a link to google drive for everyone to see raw images

Thanks everyone 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nSV6M4mOtRDbAA1YbAbrEIhnc-TcuK66?usp=sharing

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@cuocsongmuonmau wrote:

My canon 5d mark ii dropped the outside mirror, I didn't know so I took some pictures with the outside mirror dropped, then I used my hand to push the mirror up to the right position and it didn't fall anymore, please tell me if this is dangerous

After that, I took a picture and sometimes got half of the picture haunted like using a filter, maybe it had a cam line in any position as shown in the picture.

I think your images should answer your question. Yes, pushing the mirror with your finger was not a good thing.  Your camera seems to need professional repairs.  I am not sure if Canon USA is still servicing that model.  Contact them to find out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Some time, not alway infected orange, do you think my canon 5d ii need repair mirror or shutter ?

Peter
Authority
Authority
If you drop the mirror you will not be able to push it back. Sounds more like the focus screen above the mirror.
I haven't checked the raw files in my raw converter. Only with my phone and it looks like flickering light source. Same outside in daylight?

i will test tomorrow, then i will confirm to you, thanks a lot

Announcements