cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d Mark IV and Lightroom

shadowdancer36
Contributor

I'm having a very hard time getting my raw settings in lightroom to match the color profile of my camera.  Is it a plugin that can help with this? I already know I could just use Canon's software to convert, but it's an extremely slow process. 

If there isn't a plugin, can you tell me the area that is best to change the settings? 

14 REPLIES 14

CaliforniaDream
Enthusiast

I have a 5Dmark IV and lightroom and just import the "CR2" files with no problem.  Are you using a PC or MAC.  I am using a PC.

Importing isn't an issue at all. Just getting my color profiles to match up to those in camera.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Lightroom develop module:

Annotation 2019-06-16 143008.jpg

This should allow you to match the Picture Style you set in camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Lightroom develop module:

Annotation 2019-06-16 143008.jpg

This should allow you to match the Picture Style you set in camera.

Great looking exposure on that histogram!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I've fooled around in this thing, and it can somewhat get me where I need to be. But not exactly.  Mind you I'm not using the default settings of my presets in camera. Those are tweaked just the way I like it, but I need to carry that over to LR.  I'll share a screen shot of my current settings in camera.

2019-06-16.jpg

So with these changes, how can I make LR match it when the presets doesn't allow micro adjustments in this way?

Maybe this?

https://digital-photography-school.com/adobes-dng-profile-editor-make-custom-camera-profiles/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This an interesting app to fine tune normal colors. Having a hard time when dealing with colors in the skin. That's my main reason for this. I'm having an issue with skin tones. Especially darker skin tones.

Light Room, and most other non-Canon raw processors, cannot understand any non-standard settings for JPEGS and apply them to the raw processing. I suggest you reset the camera and use those settings for your raw pictures and find some combination of Lightroom settings to achieve the results you want.

Other than that, DPP is the only software that can exactly duplicate the JPEG processing to make a RAW file look like an in-camera JPEG.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements