cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d Mark IV Video Files

jbodine74
Contributor

I have a 5d Mark IV, all updated with the latest firmware, SD card and CF card, recording to both for redundancy. Mac OS Catalina. When I put the SD card in my Mac the video files do now show up. I know they are there becasuse I can play them on the camera. I know Catalina has sme new video incompatibilities but why won't the video files even appear? I tried both .mov and .mp4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbodine74
Contributor

I think I figured it out. I have dual cards in the camera, SD and CF. In order to record movies, the playback setting must be set to the SD card. I reset my camera to the default, set playback to the SD card and recorded a movie. And, it shows up on my mac. Frome page 167 of the manual: Movies cannot be recorded simultaneously to the CF card and SD card. Movies will be recorded to the card set for Playback.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jbodine74
Contributor

I think I figured it out. I have dual cards in the camera, SD and CF. In order to record movies, the playback setting must be set to the SD card. I reset my camera to the default, set playback to the SD card and recorded a movie. And, it shows up on my mac. Frome page 167 of the manual: Movies cannot be recorded simultaneously to the CF card and SD card. Movies will be recorded to the card set for Playback.

Announcements