Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon 5D mk lll DEAD!

Just wanted to follow up the conclusion so far. I received my camera back and while Canon claims they couldn't replicate my problem, and therefore couldn't fix it, after their service, the camera seems to be working flawlessly so far. Do you think they repaired it and maybe didn't want to say what they fixed?  I know it sounds crazy but unless them resetting everything magically fixed it, I don't understand how it's working better. 

Honored Contributor

@mitch236 wrote:

Just wanted to follow up the conclusion so far. I received my camera back and while Canon claims they couldn't replicate my problem, and therefore couldn't fix it, after their service, the camera seems to be working flawlessly so far. Do you think they repaired it and maybe didn't want to say what they fixed?  I know it sounds crazy but unless them resetting everything magically fixed it, I don't understand how it's working better. 

A (supposedly true) story I once read:

A wealthy Englishman living in India drove over a pothole and broke one of the rear springs in his Rolls-Royce. The local shop agreed to repair it, but didn't have the part.. So the owner ordered it from the factory in England. In due course the spring arrived and was installed, but an invoice for the part never arrived. So the owner, not wanting to damage his credit rating, wrote to the company recounting what had transpired and asked them to look into what had happened to the invoice. Back came the reply: "You must be mistaken, sir. There's no such thing as a broken spring in a Rolls-Royce."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Esteemed Contributor

One problem with reading Snopes is that you learn there is no such thing as a "supposedly" true story:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/rolls.asp

Honored Contributor

@kvbarkley wrote:

One problem with reading Snopes is that you learn there is no such thing as a "supposedly" true story:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/rolls.asp

But the nice thing about such yarns is that, like Jesus's parables, they don't have to be true.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Esteemed Contributor

indeed! 8^)