cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D mark III Viewfinder focus proble

Tupik
Apprentice

Hello!

Recently i discovered something wrong with my camera and that is. So when i set up the lens on AF and i look through the viewfinder and focus on something that i want, the viewfinder seems to focus little bit behind the focus point but when i take the picture the Image looks sharp where i wanted it to be. Also when i setup the lens on manual focus and start focusing on something that i want to be in focus through view finder when i take the image the picture is out of focus little bit. I dont know why is that. But i am thinkig its someting about the focusing screen ?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are the green numbers in the viewfinder sharp? If not, adjust the diopter wheel until they are.

Remove the lens and look in the lens opening. Does it look like the focusing screen is out of place? Don't be touching anything in there.

If you manually focus with the shutter button held halfway down does the green dot appear at a different time then when you see proper focus in the viewfinder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes the green nubers are sharp for me.

I Recently replacet the focusing screen with the new one and i think its in place right.

when i manualy focus holding the button halfway the green dot is apearing only when the wievfinder is slightly out of focus probably at the spot when i would have autofocus on

Defintely a viewing screen issue. Remove it and reinstall, verifying that it is proper side up and properly in place.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I did it again today and i was wondering i had like 3 little metal plates below the focusing screen because i dont have brand new 5D mark III 

Dont know what is wrong the focusing screen is there correctly. I still have that problem

Was the screen you took out a 5D Mk III screen or a special one? If not factory then maybe shims were added. You could try various combinations of shim. Or take to Canon repair facility. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements