cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D MkIII Shoot in lower than 24FPS?

liljohnderb
Apprentice

Hi All.

I'm looking for a way to shoot in a lower (faster) frame rate than 24fps on my MkIII, is this at all possible? I'm going to be shooting an action sequence for a short film in a few weeks, and from what I read online it seems like shooting slightly faster than 24fps and playing it back makes it look more "acton-y" (for lack of a better term).

Any thoughts? 

Thanks for any and all help!

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is an amazing thing called a manual. It looks like 60fps is as fast as you can go:

5d3movie.jpg

I want to go lower, or faster than 24fps - like 20fps for example, not higher/slower.

Go ahead and check your manual. It isn't in there. 

If it is not too long, you can just shoot a bunch of individual frames and combine them into a movie. That might be too slow, though.

@liljohnderb wrote:

I want to go lower, or faster than 24fps - like 20fps for example, not higher/slower.

Go ahead and check your manual. It isn't in there. 

It is possible with ML. Don't blame anyone later for what you decide to do to your own cam.

TGAF
Contributor

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A POST IN THIS FORUM. PLEASE.

I have spent about 30 minutes looking but do not see how.

Frustrated senior.

Hello, TGAF!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

Under the FAQs link at the top of the page, you'll see a section called "Posting Messages." 

You'll find a shortcut HERE

We hope this helps! 

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@liljohnderb wrote:

Hi All.

I'm looking for a way to shoot in a lower (faster) frame rate than 24fps on my MkIII, is this at all possible? I'm going to be shooting an action sequence for a short film in a few weeks, and from what I read online it seems like shooting slightly faster than 24fps and playing it back makes it look more "acton-y" (for lack of a better term).

Any thoughts? 

Thanks for any and all help!

You can't lower the frame rate in post processing, by dropping frames?

Announcements