Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon 5D Mark iii stops reccording video

Hi everyone,

Until now my Canon Mark iii worked perfectly and filmed continuous. I don't know what happened but now, after more or less 30 minutes it stops and shows this message: "video has been automatically stopped".

- I'm using SD Extreme Pro Sandisk (95mb/s) and Lexar Professional 1000x (150 mb/s) so i guess it's not a card's writing speed issue

- I updated the firmware and the problem remains

- I tried filming with  ALL-I or IPB and the problem remains.

need some help to solve this problem... any idea?

thank you !

VIP

Re: Canon 5D Mark iii stops reccording video

The screen shot below was taken from the Instruction Manual for an 80D.  However, it is typical for all of Canon's HDSLRs, except for the flagship models.  I am fairly certain that some, or all, of these limitations also apply to a 5D Mark III.

EOS_80D_MovieRecordingTimes.JPG

The 4GB file size limit is a result of the file formatting system used by the memory cards.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

Not only that, but I think you needed to go to the next page. On my T6S I have this:

movie.png

Highlighted
VIP

@kvbarkley wrote:

Not only that, but I think you needed to go to the next page. On my T6S I have this:

movie.png

True.  While the 80D can automatically start a new video file, the video will come to a complete STOP on many models released prior to the 80D.  Again, I am fairly certain that the 5D Mark III is one of those models that comes to a complete stop after 30 minutes.  Thanks, for pointing out the difference. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."