cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark IV intermittent problem processing JPEG. Issue does not happen on RAW file.

CanonGuyMark
Contributor

Canon 5D Mark IV intermittent problem processing JPEG. Issue does not happen on RAW file.

It happens regardless of memory card. Card used is a 64 GB Lexor Professional 1066x UDMA 7 4K 160MB/sec.

Lens used here is a SIGMA 50mm F/1.4 DG HSM EX. 

It appears to be an issue in the in camera processing of the JPEG only, problem does not appear on the RAW. The problem is does not appear on all images, but I am still trying to figure out what conditions cause this. There appears to be light circle shading in the photo, very sharp. This happens when the camera is in either Manual Mode or [Green] Automatic mode.

Here is a snap shot from DPP, you can see the raw photo off the ame shot does not have this issue so I am rulling out a physical lens problem. 

I am thinking the issue has to be either a firmware bug or problem with this particular camera. I noticed this on my first test shoot 15 minutes after unboxing the camera. I saw the image with the circles on the back display of the camera.

I have been reading the manual to see if there was perhaps some lens profile setting causing this. At this point it is a puzzler.

Puzzler.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

PLee
Enthusiast

Turn off Peripheral Illumination Correction when using your Sigma lens.

I will give that a try. Thanks.

Thanks, that worked.

Announcements